BEACH, SEA, DUNES: UNIQUE HOME BETWEEN SCHEVENINGEN AND KIJKDUIN!
It doesn’t happen very often but finally, a well-maintained, three-room apartment, within walking distance of the (South) beach in one of the most beautiful streets on the edge of the dune area is up for sale! The apartment is extremely light and airy thanks to its open views onto the ‘van Poot Woods’ at the front of the property (East) and a lovely, north west-facing back balcony where you can enjoy the afternoon and evening sunshine. So, wouldn’t everyone love to live here?
Location and surroundings:
Unique location, across the street from the ‘van Poot Woods’, just around the corner from the beach, the boulevard, the dunes, the harbour and the Statenkwartier neighbourhood. Also, it borders on the Vogelwijk neighbourhood, Scheveningen and the Westduin Park.
There are plenty of public transport links in the neighbourhood (bus and tram), as well as schools and sports facilities, all within walking distance. You can also take a stroll to the restaurants and pavement cafés in the surrounding area.
You can find the exact measurements and layout of the rooms on the floor plan, but here is a brief summary:
Steps up to an open porch on the first floor; front door; hallway with a fitted cupboard housing the fuse box for 4 electric circuits, and a modern cloakroom fitted with a WC and hand basin. The simple kitchen has a wooden floor and is fitted with a 4-burner gas cooker and has access to the balcony. Off the kitchen there is a neat bathroom with a window (it can be easily replaced by a tilt and turn window), a spacious shower, plumbing for a washing machine and a bathroom sink. To the rear there is a big bedroom, which is approximately 12.35 m2 and has a fitted wardrobe. To the front there is a charming living room that is approx. 16.22 m2 and has a lovely view across lots of greenery and a modern, light-coloured laminate floor (fitted throughout the apartment apart from in the kitchen and bathroom). To the front of the property, there is a second bedroom, which has its original, period feature bay window.
Perhaps to inspire property restorers/developers:
– A smaller front bedroom could be added at the side of the living room;
– The walls in the hall could be (partially) removed to create more space;
– A bathroom could be added between the living room and the big bedroom;
– The kitchen could be extended by breaking through into the bathroom.
(NB: FOR THE SUPPORTING WALLS: A BUILDING PERMIT AND THE APPROVAL OF THE OWNERS ASSOCIATION ARE REQUIRED)
Also worth noting:
– Usable living space is approx. 57.4 m2;
– Set in leasehold land where the lease has been fully bought out;
– Active Owners Association (3 apartments in total) with a contribution of € 50.- per month;
– Approx. €12,000 saved in the Owners Association’s funds;
– Lovely, leafy green views to the front of the property;
– Double glazed, PVC window frames;
– Central heating (new boiler fitted in 2018) with hot water supply;
– Handover date can be arranged quickly, with mutual agreement;
– Because of the age of the property, there are preventative materials and asbestos clauses included in the sales contract;
– The property has been a rental property, so there will also be an ownership clause in the sales contract.
In brief, this is a really lovely, three-room apartment that is walking distance from the beach!